How to Apply for Admission as a Freshman
This information is for high school students, homeschool students and students completing their GED. If you’re taking both high school and college classes at the same time, you’re considered a freshman student.
Complete the online admission application and pay the $60 application fee.
Submit Test Scores or a Test Alternative
EWU is test optional. This means you don’t have to submit test scores if you’d prefer not to. You have several options and only need to submit one:
- a recommendation letter from a current teacher or counselor
- evidence of rigorous high school coursework such as AP, IB, CLEP, or Cambridge courses
- evidence of college success as an EWU Running Start student
- evidence of college success as a Running Start Student
- evidence of college success as a College in the High School student as demonstrated by GPAs of 2.5 for college-level English or 2.5 for college-level math
- official SAT or ACT scores submitted directly from the testing agency or recorded on an official high school transcript
- unofficial SAT or ACT scores
If you send test scores, EWU’s SAT school code is 4301 and our ACT school code is 4454. You can ask ACT or CollegeBoard SAT to send your test scores directly to us, or you can send us a copy yourself.
Submit High School Transcripts
You can send your transcripts yourself, or you can ask your high school to send your official transcripts directly to us through Parchment, Naviance or via mail.
Submit College Transcripts
You can send your transcripts, or you can ask your college to send your transcripts directly to us through Parchment, Naviance or via mail. Remember to include transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended.
If you attended EWU for Running Start, we’ve already got your college transcripts.
Complete the FAFSA
Complete the FAFSA online. EWU’s FAFSA code is 003775.
Apply for Scholarships
Complete the EWU Scholarship Application.
You can log in to the application you already started by visiting the EWU application system. Enter the username and password you created.