Finish What You Started
If you've earned more than 40 transferable college credits after high school, you're a transfer student. If you've earned fewer credits, you should apply as a freshman.
Complete the online admission application and pay the $60 application fee.
Submit Test Scores or a Test Alternative (if you have fewer than 40 credits)
To accommodate students affected by unanticipated test cancellations, EWU will be test optional through fall 2020. This means you don’t have to submit test scores if you’d prefer not to. You have several options and only need to submit one:
- a recommendation letter from a current teacher or counselor
- AP, IB, CLEP, or Cambridge scores
- evidence of college success as an EWU Running Start student
- evidence of college success as a Running Start Student
- evidence of college success as a College in the High School student as demonstrated by GPAs of 2.5 for college-level English and 2.5 for college-level math
- official SAT or ACT scores submitted directly from the testing agency or recorded on an official high school transcript
- unofficial SAT or ACT scores
If you send test scores, EWU’s SAT school code is 4301 and our ACT school code is 4454. You can ask ACT or CollegeBoard SAT to send your test scores directly to us, or you can send us a copy yourself.
Submit College Transcripts
You can send your transcripts yourself, or you can ask your college to send your transcripts directly to us through Parchment, Naviance or via mail. Remember to include transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended.
If you’re admitted but you don’t submit official transcripts when you apply, you’ll need to ask your college to send official transcripts to us before the start of the term.
Complete the FAFSA. EWU’s FAFSA code is 003775.
Apply for Scholarships
Complete the EWU Scholarship Application.
You can transfer a total of 90 lower-division quarter credits toward your EWU bachelor’s degree. If you plan to transfer more than 90 credits, please speak with an advisor.