Transfer Students

Finish What You Started

If you’ve earned any college credits after graduating high school, you're a transfer student.


Apply Online

Complete the online admission application and pay the $60 application fee.

Apply Now


Submit College Transcripts

What to Submit:

If you’ve earned fewer than
40 college credits
If you’ve earned more than
40 college credits
  • Unofficial High School Transcripts
  • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you’ve attended*
  • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities you’ve attended

You can ask your college to send your official transcripts directly to us electronically or via mail. Remember to include official transcripts from all colleges or universities you attended. *If you previously attended EWU or participated in EWU Running Start, we will already have those college transcripts.

If you’re admitted and haven’t submitted your final official transcripts, you’ll need to ask your college to send final official transcripts to us before the start of the term.


Complete FAFSA

Complete the FAFSA. EWU’s FAFSA code is 003775.


Apply for Scholarships

Complete the EWU Scholarship Application.

Transferring Credits

You can transfer a total of 90 lower-division quarter credits toward your EWU bachelor’s degree. If you plan to transfer more than 90 credits, please speak with your admissions advisor.

Application Deadlines

 Winter 2022Spring 2022Fall 2022
Application OpensApplyApplyApply
Priority Application Deadline*NANAFeb. 1, 2022
Final Application Deadline2 weeks prior to start of term2 weeks prior to start of termSept. 9, 2022        
FAFSA AvailableOct. 1, 2020Oct. 1, 2020Oct. 1, 2021
Priority FAFSA DateNANAFeb. 1, 2022
Scholarship Application AvailableNov. 1, 2020Nov. 1, 2020Nov. 1, 2021
Scholarship Application DeadlineFeb. 1, 2021Feb. 1, 2021Feb. 1, 2021

*When you complete an admissions application by the priority application deadline, you will be automatically considered for most new student scholarships.

Program Requirements

The BFA in studio art has a special application:

  • Complete the special bachelor of fine arts in studio art application in the spring of your junior year.
  • Complete your portfolio by the time you apply to the program.

Applications for the business program must be submitted by the 10th day of the quarter.

The communication disorders program starts in mid-August and ends in early May because it runs on a semester schedule instead of a quarter schedule.

Contact the computer science department’s academic advisors for more information.

The program is highly competitive. Only 36 students are admitted each year.

  • Complete the special application. See the Dental Hygiene Program webpages for details and deadlines.
  • Contact dental hygiene department’s academic advisers.
  • Meet GPA and course requirements.
  • Complete special practicum, volunteer or observation requirements.
  • Successfully complete the interview and testing processes.

You can review all admissions requirements for the education programs at the School of Education website. Admission is offered each quarter, but you must meet the education program deadline for that quarter.

  • Meet admissions requirements (including GPA and prerequisites) before the start of Education 200, a required course for education majors. It’s also a prerequisite to many education courses.
  • Meet with an education academic advisor before the start of Education 200.
  • Complete the special application by the quarterly deadline. The form is available from the education academic advisor.

Go to the music program’s page to complete the special application. Schedule an audition and submit applications for special music scholarships.

  • Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
  • Complete an in-person interview.
  • To start in the spring, be sure to complete the special application by early July, approximately nine months before the program begins.
  • To start in the fall, be sure to complete the special application by mid-December, approximately nine months before the program begins.

The program starts in the summer (around the third week in June), not in the fall.

  • Complete the special application by December 15.
  • Submit all official documents by January 1.

  • Complete the special application by August 1.
  • Submit a personal statement.
  • Submit at least two letters of reference.

Some programs have special application deadlines or additional application forms.

If you’re applying to one of these programs, first apply to EWU via EWU Admissions. Then submit all the materials required for admission to EWU. After you’ve applied to the university, apply for admission to your program.

This is not a full list of requirements for admission to any program or major. Nearly all programs at EWU have GPA and course requirements. Not all programs that have special applications may be listed. Program requirements are subject to change. Academic programs have lots of small print, so please review your program’s webpage to find out what additional, official requirements you have to meet.

Fewer Than 40 Credits?

If you have fewer than 40 transfer credits, you are still considered a freshman. You must meet the freshman admission requirements and have a 2.0 GPA in college-level coursework.

Destination Eastern

This program helps transfer students save time and money. Currently, it's only available for students at Spokane Community College, Spokane Falls Community College, and Columbia Basin College.

Personal Attention

Receive special advising to help you pick classes that transfer to EWU.

Hassle-free Credit Transfers

Get free EWU transcript evaluations every quarter.


Stay on track with career and degree planning.

The Joy of Saving Money

Finish your degree faster with smart degree planning.

Classes That Count

Take just the classes you need and want to earn your degree.

How the Program Works

  1. Apply to Spokane Community College, Spokane Falls Community College, or Columbia Basin College.
  2. Enroll in classes at the community college.
  3. Apply to EWU using a special and shorter application for Destination Eastern students.
  4. Confirm your admission to EWU after you earn 45 credits.
  5. Complete your degree at your community college and finish all of your bachelor’s degree prerequisites at the same time.
  6. Transfer your credits to EWU automatically.
  7. Register for classes and start at EWU as a junior.
Talk to your community college admissions office to reserve your spot in Destination Eastern.

EWU’s Non-discrimination Policy

Eastern Washington University does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.