Eagle Ambassadors are a diverse group of individuals that work together to promote the ideals of Eastern Washington University. Together we strive to be a positive representation of Eastern’s community through service and support of the University’s functions and traditions. We achieve this by sharing our EWU knowledge, Eagle pride, and love for the Eagle Nation as a whole. Eagle Ambassadors foster relationships with visitors, students, faculty/staff and alumni at a variety of events throughout the year and through everyday interactions.
As Eagle Ambassadors, our core values include, Community Service, Representing Eastern, Leadership, Professionalism, and Networking. Working closely with the Admissions staff, Eagle Ambassadors share their experiences with prospective students, parents, and other campus visitors. We assist with campus activities including Fall Preview and Admitted Student days. Through our involvement on campus, Eagle Ambassadors build communication, marketing, and leadership skills while having fun and serving our community.
Some of our Favorite Activities
- Student Panels – What’s it really like to be a college student at EWU? Students of all ages want to know! During these Q&A session students visiting campus ask us their questions and we do our best to answer them! As you can imagine we get some really interesting (sometimes challenging) questions!
- Fall Preview Events – We’re the folks welcoming and greeting potential students and their families to campus! Every year a few of us get selected to go on the big stage and represent the University with the Deans from our Colleges.
- Admitted Students Days – This is like our open house, but these events are for students who have been admitted but still haven’t made up their mind. More often than not, the impact we make on a potential student can be the key influence in where they plan to attend!
- We get to be ambassadors for a multi-million dollar non-profit! Build your resume with terms like brand ambassador, marketing, public speaking, interpersonal communication, leadership, and more.
- We have opportunities for employment with the Admissions Office by becoming tour guides, front desk workers, or asst coordinators of events and tours.
- Free professional development workshops put on by staff and faculty throughout EWU.
- Volunteer for 90+ hours and you receive your own customized Eagle Ambassador Jacket.
- Volunteer for 180+ hours and you get your name showcased on a plaque in the EWU Visitor Center.
Becoming an Eagle Ambassador is a big deal! Not everyone gets selected to represent EWU in front of thousands of potential students and their guests every year. If you’re interested in joining, here are your next steps:
- Complete the online application below
- If selected, you will be asked to participate in an interview
- After the interview is completed, the selection committee will meet to select new members
Online application – Apply now!
You’ve made it this far…. time to start the application! If you have any questions about the application, contact the Eagle Ambassador President, Luke Caplan, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Instagram at @eagle_ambassadors_ewu!