- Future Students
Costs and Academics
- Current Students
- Faculty & Staff
Administration & Business
- Alumni & Friends
Friends of EWU
Master of Business Administration
EWU's MBA program prepares graduates to make an immediate impact on their current career or to prepare for a new career.
668 N. Riverpoint Blvd, Suite A
Spokane, WA 99202
It is highly recommended that interested students make an appointment with the MBA Director to discuss the details of the program in person. Proper advising is essential to your success and we encourage you to meet with the Director prior to applying. It is recognized that in the case of non-resident and international students this may not be practical. If this is the case, please be sure to contact the MBA office by phone or email and let us answer any questions you may have.
To be admitted to the MBA Program, an applicant must hold a four-year baccalaureate business degree in any field of specialization from an accredited college or university (*non-business degree students see below) and meet the following requirements:
- GPA of 3.0 computed from the applicant's most recent 90 quarter or 60 semester graded hours
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of at least 450
Admission will be considered only AFTER all of the following documents have been received from the applicant:
- Two copies of the Application for Admission to a Graduate Program at Eastern Washington University; or you have completed the online application;
- Two copies of official transcripts for all collegiate work completed;
- Official GMAT scores (no more than 5 years old); (GMAT is not required to begin MBA foundation coursework)
- A $50 MBA application fee, in addition to the $50 graduate application fee; and
- Statement of intent demonstrating a level of knowledge and intellectual maturity appropriate to the MBA. Your statement should cover the following questions:
- Why do you want an MBA degree?
- What do you intend to do with it?
- Why do you think you are ready for the rigors of graduate school?
- Other information currently required by the MBA Program Director include the following:
- A current resume
- Admissions interview
- International students please follow additional instructions here.
If you have not included all of the above materials and made an appointment for an admissions interview your application will held as incomplete until such time as you provide all the above requirements. Only upon completion of the entire application process will an admission decision be made. To schedule an admissions interview please contact the MBA Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 509-828-1232.
*NON-BUSINESS UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE
If you do not have an undergraduate business degree admission can be gained after completing all or a portion of the MBA Foundation Courses. The complete program is 32 credits designed to be taken two courses at a time for one year, including summer. However, for fulltime students this may be accelerated.
If you are in need of completing any of the foundation coursework you should still apply directly to the graduate MBA program. Your undergraduate transcripts will be evaluated and you will be notified of any necessary foundation course requirements. Providing the GMAT test score is not required until you are ready to begin the graduate MBA coursework.
In addition to the above requirements, international students must demonstrate English language competency by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 92 internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT) or 580 paper-based TOEFL is required to be considered for MBA Program admission. Note: Admission to the MBA foundation course work requires a TOEFL of at least 71 iBT or 525 paper-based TOEFL.
All of the above materials should be sent directly to:
Graduate Studies Office
206 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004-2444
Eastern admits MBA students throughout the academic year. Applicants will be advised by letter from the Graduate Studies Office concerning the admission decision.
Advising and Special Counseling
All entering students should consult with the Director of the MBA Program for program information, and determination of the student's interests. The director recommends a program of study compatible with each student's goals and interests and the MBA Program requirements. To make an appointment with the Director email email@example.com or call our Program Coordinator at 509-828-1232.
Practical Business Experience
All students who graduate from the MBA Program should have some practical work experience. The majority of students accepted into the program are working professionals and meet this requirement. For those students who enter the program lacking professional work experience, an internship should be part of the student's MBA Program. Up to four (4) credits earned while in an internship may be used for MBA elective credit.